Yoga Hot Spot – Yakima, WA
Print and fill out this registration form prior to coming in for your first class to speed up the process.
What to Expect
- People of all shapes, sizes and abilities
- A fun, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere
What to Wear
- Shorts that are above the knee or yoga pants.
- Typical yoga tops, sports bra.
- Nylon shorts, yoga shorts or board shorts and t-shirt
- Please no underwear or boxers. Shirts are optional.
How to Prepare
Plan in advance
- Beginning yoga students generally have a better experience when they plan 12-24 hours in advance. This allows ample time for proper hydration and nutrition.
Come to class well hydrated
- We recommend one gallon of water in the 12-24 hours prior to class. Good hydration supports the healthy function of all the bodily systems and makes the heat more comfortable. It is also a mandatory safety precaution for first-time students.
Come to class on an empty stomach
- Large meals should be consumed 3-4 hours before class. Light healthy snacks, fruit, veggies, nuts are okay 1 1/2 – 2 hours before class. Yoga feels best when the bowels are empty.
Arrive 20-30 minutes early for your first class
- This allows plenty of time for registration and orientation.
Hot Yoga Essentials
- You’ll need a large towel, yoga mat, and a bottle of water. If you forget we have all three for rent or purchase.
- Come to class with a positive, open attitude.
- A positive outlook does wonders for your yoga practice. As a newcomer you have the advantage of an unbiased eager perspective.
How to Improve
Practice, Practice, Practice
- Remember that every yogi started out as a beginner. Yoga practice is much like learning to play an instrument or speak a foreign language, a little effort every day goes a long way.
Take a second class within 24 hours
- Class is usually much easier the 2nd day and it will help relieve sore muscles.
Worried about the heat?
- It is hot, so be sure to come to class well hydrated. If you are feeling dizzy, just lay down until you are feeling better. Its best if you do not leave the room so that you do not distract others during their practice.
What if I’ve never taken yoga before?
- All of our Hot Yoga classes are appropriate for beginners. The asanas (yoga postures) are set for all classes so if you miss something the first time you’ll have many more opportunities to perfect the postures.